Monday 13 January 2014

Twenty-Fourteen Gratitude Jar

We’re nearly half way through the first month of the New Year so it’s about time I got this post up. 

We’ve all heard it, “New Year, new me” which is well and good, but why wait till the new year? New year resolutions don’t really work for me. I feel like when I make them I set myself up to feel like I’ve failed when I fail to stick by them. Rather I have a list of goals/dreams for the year. Things I would like to achieve before the year comes to an end. I try to make them as realistic as possible but eh, I can dream right!

I have never been one to wish away a year but I can say 2013 has been the year where I have learnt so much (both the easy and the hard way). I learnt so much about myself, life, relationships and most importantly I finally began to understand the love God has for me.


Towards the end of 2012 I came across a post on tumblr about a gratitude jar. Throughout the year you write down the things you are grateful for and pop it into the jar. At the end of the year you go through all that you have written. 


So I began this at the start of 2013. At the end of the year I sat down and went through the bits of paper one by one. It brought back memories of points in the year where I was upset but I forced myself to sit down and write down one of the reasons I should be grateful. What I loved about doing this is that it allowed me to count some of my (many) blessings. It was a way of showing me that no matter how difficult a time I am going through is, I will always have things to be grateful for.


I’m doing this again this year. You guys should try it out!

So here’s to 2014, fulfilling some dreams and a fuller gratitude jar haha! I hope you’re all having a great start to the year.

Mwah xxxxx

1 comment:

  1. I think this idea is amazing, I stumbled here but am glad i did =)

    ReplyDelete